If your ideal Caribbean vacation is sunbathing, swimming, snorkeling, or resting and reading all day long under a palm tree, then Villa Marbella is the right place for you. Luquillo is well known for its variety of beaches suitable for all ages, personal preferences and needs. It has 12 miles of Atlantic coastline, great for jogging, swimming and cycling, all with refreshing trade-winds and large and dense palm trees which provide plenty of shade. Villa Marbella is a spacious 3 bedrooms-2 bathrooms apartment, centrally located in the Luquillo Beach Community, home of some of the most popular beaches in the East Coast. The apartment is within 3-minute walk from Playa Azul Beach, a family beach popular with teenagers and young adults and suitable for sunbathing, paddle boarding and amateur surfing. Villa Marbella is also near Punta Bandera Beach, located to the west of Playa Azul. It is a tranquil and shallow beach surrounded by coral reefs, great for snorkeling, fishing and suitable for families with young children. Within a 5-minute drive from Villa Marbella, you arrive at Balneario La Monserrate, a Blue Flag Beach, as designated by the Foundation for the Environment Education. A section of the beach is called “Mar Sin Barreras” or “Sea Without Barriers”; it’s wheelchair accessible and provides a ramp that leads directly to
the ocean. This is a flat-water beach great for swimming and water sports, where you
can rent jet-skies and scuba diving equipment. La Pared Beach, is also within a 5-minute drive from Villa Marbella. As opposed to Balneario La Monserrate, this beach is famous for its high waves, suitable for surfing. Finally, the town of Fajardo is a 14-
minute drive (via Interstate PR3) from Villa Marbella. From Fajardo, you can charter a boat for fishing and/or plan day trips to the neighboring islands of Icacos and
Palominos, known for their crystal-clear waters and white sand.
Villa Marbella is located on the 2nd floor of Condominio Marbella, a small apartment complex in a residential 2nd-home community, mainly owned by locals. It is tastefully decorated with tropical wicker furniture and blue/teal accent colors. It’s also fully air
conditioned, including the living areas; all spaces are also equipped with ceiling fans. This gives you the option of enjoying the natural Caribbean breezes during spring, fall and winter, or relaxing on a cool atmosphere during the hot summer months. There is high speed WIFI throughout the property and two flat screens tv’s with Cable, one in the living area and another one in the master bedroom. The living room tv also has been equipped with ROKU. The apartment also provides beach chairs, umbrellas, floaters, snorkeling gear and a cooler, to enhance your beach experience, and a variety of table games, to relax during the evenings.
1) PRE-ARRIVAL COVID TESTING: The Governor announced on June 30th that every person traveling to Puerto Rico from July 15th onwards should arrive with a negative COVID-19 test result or will have to take a COVID-19 test at the airport. Travelers with positive test results will have to stay at their rented property for the duration of their stay, or 14 days. The test result has to be from no more than 72 hours prior to arrival on the island.
2) COMMON AREAS: Some common areas in many communities are still closed due to COVID-19. This could include pools, tennis courts, and children parks. Please reach out to us if you would like to know the status of a common area prior to booking.
3) MASKS: Masks are mandatory when in public. Please be ready to bring masks for your stay.
4) CLEANING PROCEDURES: We have updated our cleaning procedures to include industry best practices in response to COVID-19. We are using disinfectant cleaning products on all surfaces and are programming a 24 hour gap between check-outs and check-ins. Our cleaning staff wears PPE during the entire cleaning and disinfecting process.
5) MONTHLY RATES: We have monthly and longer term rates available if you are interested in an extended stay at a fully furnished, turn key property. Please reach out for pricing and availability.
THE BUILDING COMPLEX
Condominio Marbella is made up of two 3-story buildings, each with six apartments, two per floor. The complex has access control to the parking lot through an electric gate. Each apartment has a designated parking space for one car. It also has a gazebo for outdoor gatherings, a laundry and an exterior shower area, so you can clean up the sand after a day at the beach. Although Villa Marbella is not a beach front
apartment, it is within a 3-minute walking distance to the beach. The ocean breezes are felt throughout the apartment because its design allows for cross ventilation.
Villa Marbella has an open living and dining area that connects to an exterior balcony, equipped with a gas BBQ and lounge chairs, where you can enjoy a breezy afternoon. The living area is very well lit, with louver windows on the dining and kitchen areas and full glass doors that open-up to the balcony, which allow for cross ventilation. It has a three-seater sofa, a lounge chair, and a couple of ottomans, for family gatherings. The dining area has a round table that sits 4 adults, although you can easily accommodate 6 people with the ottomans. The newly renovated kitchen has a bar-height counter-top so you can serve meals buffet style.
Villa Marbella comfortably accommodates 6 people in three bedrooms. The master bedroom has a queen size bed with side tables, a chaise lounge chair, a large dresser, and a small flat screen tv with Cable. It also has a dedicated full bathroom. The second bedroom has a queen size bed with side tables and a dresser. The third bedroom has a full-size bed with a side table and a shelf, and a dedicated closet. Inside the closet, there’s a small washer/dryer combo. All bedrooms have ceilings fans and air conditioning. The 2nd and 3rd bedrooms share a bathroom, located in the connecting hallway. The janitor closet, located in the hallway, has a new in-line water heater, a janitor sink, and cleaning utensils.
The fully equipped kitchen has everything you will need for an extended stay. It has a new fridge, electric stove and oven, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, rice maker, and food processor. It’s also equipped with all sorts of cooking pans, utensils, cutlery, water, juice and wine glasses, and plates matts. The kitchen layout allows you to socialize with guests in the dining and living areas while you cook.
The Luquillo Beach Community is one of the most popular areas within the East Coast of Puerto Rico. During the winter and spring months (November to April), some of the second homes are mainly occupied by stateside and Canadian tourists. During this period, Playa Azul Beach has a very quiet, private and relax atmosphere. During the summer and fall months (May-October), many local owners return to their apartments during weekends to enjoy the beach, and the area becomes more active, with people jogging, cycling, or walking their dogs along the beach coast.
NEARBY POINTS OF INTEREST
ECOTURISM: The Northeast Ecological Corridor Nature Reserve (NECNR) refers to an area designated as a protected Nature Reserve located on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico, between the municipalities of Luquillo and Fajardo. Along this coastline, you can find the following amenities:
- El Yunque National Rain Forest, in Rio Grande, is a 10-minute drive (via Interstate PR3) from Villa Marbella. At nearly 29,000 acres, El Yunque is one of the most biologically diverse of the national forests, hosting hundreds of animal and plant species, some of which are found only here. You can walk the trails from La Mina Waterfall and Mount Britton, then up to the high-altitude dwarf forest.
- Rainforest Zipline Park, Yunke Zipline Adventures, and Carabalí Rainforest Park are privately owned venues located in the lush foothills of El Yunque; they offer outdoor activities such as ziplining, horseback riding and four-track adventures.
- Bioluminescent Bay in Laguna Grande Natural Reserve, Fajardo: You can schedule a night time kayaking tour of the Bio Bay and learn about these tiny organisms that make the water glow at night.
- Natural Reserve Cabezas de San Juan: A 316-acre nodule of land on Puerto Rico’s extreme northeast tip, the Cabezas de San Juan Natural Reserve protects the Laguna Grande Bioluminescent Bay, and shelters seven different ecological systems, including beaches, lagoons, dry forest, coral reefs and mangroves. A historical highlight amid the natural beauty is the splendidly restored 1882 El Faro de las Cabezas de San Juan, Puerto Rico’s oldest lighthouse.
GOLF: The following golf clubs are within a 10 to 25-minute drive from Villa Marbella:
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar PR Golf and Beach Resort (Rio Grande): This is the closet golf course from Villa Marbella. It is an 18-hole golf club that offers two options: the Ocean Course, designed by Tom and George Fazio and the River Course, designed by famous Greg Norman.
- Coco Beach Golf Club (Rio Grande): This 18-hole, 745 acres golf course sits along the Coco Beach Peninsula.
- Regis Bahia Resort and Golf Club (Rio Grande): This 18-hole golf course was designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr., one of the world’s pre-eminent golf course architects; 15 to 18 holes border some form of water.
- El Conquistador Golf and Beach Resort (Fajardo): Designed by Arthur Hills, the luscious course features 18 holes and a par of 72. With unique elevation changes of more than 200 vertical feet, the course proves to be enjoyable and challenging for beginners and professionals alike.
- The Outlet Mall in Canóvanas: This shopping center is about 30 minute drive
from Luquillo. Some of the stores are BCBG Max Mara, Gap, Polo Ralf Lauren,
Nike Factory, Tommy Hilfiger, Reebok, among others. It also has a great food
court and movie theaters ran by Caribbean Cinemas.
- Plaza Fajardo: This is a small open mall with a variety of stores. The main
anchor store is Walmart. Its location is quite convenient in case you want to do
some shopping nearby Luquillo.
- Plaza Carolina: This shopping center is about 40 minutes from Luquillo. It was
completely destroyed during Hurricane Maria and was completely renovated during
2018. It has all sorts of stores, movie theaters, and food court.
- The Mall of San Juan: This mall is located near LMM International Airport.
Most of the venues are high-end stores. The main anchor store is Nordstrom.
- Plaza las Americas: This is the largest shopping center in the Caribbean and is
located in the heart of San Juan.
- OLD SAN JUAN: Villa Marbella is a 45 min drive away from the capital. You
can visit the historic city, with its museums, churches, plazas, and restaurants.
It’s also a great place for shopping.
FOOD VENUES: Luquillo has a large and varied culinary offering, suitable for every age, taste and budget.
- Luquillo Kiosks: On a 5-minute drive from Villa Marbella, these ocean front walk has over 50 food kiosks, that range in style, taste and price. You can get local fried goodies like bacalaitos, alcapurrias and pastelillos for just few bucks. Or you can eat at a more up-scale restaurant, like La Parrilla, El Terruño, with live music, and Edelweis, with fresh sea food and creative Puerto Rican cuisine.
- Town Center: Near La Pared Beach and the town center, are other restaurants like Leñas, Boardriders Surf Bar, Erik’s Giros that offer local and international food.
- Other nearby food venues: Within walking distance from Villa Marbella, you can eat at The Brass Cactus, a sport’s bar, and El Flamboyán Bar and Cafeteria. Nearby fast food venues include Subway, Wendy’s, Mc Donnalds, Kentuky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell, among others. Nearby resorts also offer additional options of high-end restaurants.
- Amigo Supermarket: Right at the intersection of PR3 and the Luquillo Beach entrance (5-minute drive from Villa Marbella) you can find an Amigo Supermarket, where you can buy all sorts of fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, snacks, wines and liquors, and pre-cooked meals, to fully equip the apartment’s kitchen.
West Indies strives to deliver top notch service and amenities to guarantee our guests feel at home. Our properties are outfitted with freshly laundered bed linens and towels. We provide 2 bath towels per guest and 1 beach/pool towel per guest. Our properties typically include at least 2 beach chairs, and an ice cooler.
West Indies provides the disposable amenities necessary to get your vacation off to a comfortable start. These amenities include 1 set of hotel size soaps and shampoos per bathroom, 3 garbage bags, 2 rolls of paper towel, 2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 1 dish soap, 1 dish sponge, and a small amount of laundry detergent. We do not provide unlimited disposable amenities. It is your responsibility to review what is included in the property and stock with whatever else may be needed for the duration of your stay.
- Check-in time is at 4:00pm
- Check-out time is at 11:00am
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. A smoking fee of $500 will be charged if violated.
- All bookings are contingent on signing a short-term rental agreement that will be sent via email. It must be signed within 48 hours of booking or before entering the property, whichever happens first.
- Maximum occupancy of 6 adults/children
- Max. occupancy is strictly enforced and exceeding it may result in immediate cancellation of booking or being expelled from the property.
- Marbella is a residential apartment complex.
Quiet hours are between 8:00pm and 8:00am.
- Towels and linens must only be used for their intended purpose. Do not stain them with food, grease or any other substance. Do not use towels to clean up any mess, stained towels/linens will be charged from damage deposit
- Subletting not allowed
- Do not hang towels from balcony or windows
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
The West Indies Vacation Rental staff is eager to ensure everything about your vacation is 5-stars. Once you reserve, our Vacation Planning Team will send you detailed property information, suggestions on where to eat and what to do, as well as the contact information of the Destination Manager that will be available to assist you during your stay. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you want additional suggestions and expert opinions on what to do during your vacation. We want to make your experience the best it can be!
- Designated Parking
- 2 Flat Screen TV’s
- Cable TV
- Air Conditioning
- In line water heater
- Smoke Detecters
- Ceiling Fans
- Coffee Maker
- Toaster Oven
- Rice Maker
- Kitchen utensils
- Family Friendly
- Singles Friendly
- Child Friendly
- Hair Dryer
- Table games
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- No Pets Allowed